Yii is a high-performance modern PHP framework best for developing both web applications and APIs.
Yii helps Web developers build complex applications and deliver them on-time.
Yii is a free, open-source Web application development framework written in PHP5 that promotes clean, DRY design and encourages rapid development. It works to streamline your application development and helps to ensure an extremely efficient, extensible, and maintainable end product.
Being extremely performance optimized, Yii is a perfect choice for any sized project. However, it has been built with sophisticated, enterprise applications in mind. You have full control over the configuration from head-to-toe (presentation-to-persistence) to conform to your enterprise development guidelines. It comes packaged with tools to help test and debug your application, and has clear and comprehensive documentation.
Features of Yii
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Database Access Objects (DAO), Query Builder, Active Record, DB Migration
- Form input and validation
- AJAX-enabled widgets
- Authentication and authorization
- Skinning and theming
- Web services
- Internationalization (I18N) and localization (L10N)
- Layered caching scheme
- Error handling and logging
- Unit and functionality testing
- Automatic code generation
- Friendly with third-party code
- Detailed documentation
- Extension library
Whether you are one developer building a fairly simple Web site, or a team of distributed developers building an extremely complex Web application, using Yii is like augmenting your development team with additional experienced, professional, and efficient resources.